Di Bawah Sinar Bulan Purnama


Talent-searching show is not my kind of show, except akademi Fantasi Indosiar 1, 2, 3 that aired more than a decade ago. So when there was The Voice Kids Indonesia season 2, I was not paying that much attention.

The TV was on when it showed a re-run of the show. A girl in a white dress named Rafa started to sing a beautiful song which I knew later was a soundtrack of movie Pengabdi Setan. She sang Di Wajahmu Kulihat Bulan passionately until the song ended. Then the host asked her to sing another song in their short interview session.

The second song she sang was a kroncong song; an old genre of Indonesian music that is rarely heard in this era. Then the original singer, Sundari Soekotjo, appeared and they sang together. Rafa's stage appearance inspired me to make this painting.

It made me curious about kroncong song since I heard that Rafa is a big fan of Sundari Soekotjo. It turned out that her songs generally speaking of panoramic view, and it is kind of giving me an image of a peaceful living after a country achieved its freedom.

Comments